THIS IS CHIEDZA
C hiedza Kambasha is a 35-year-old philanthropist, multi-award winning social entreprenuer, strategist and G20 Young Global Changer mandated by the G20 Germany Presidency, as well as an accomplished policy specialist on development and youths’ mainstreaming with over 8 years of experience in counter-violent extremism (CVE), conflict analysis and management (Civil and Transnational), monitoring and evaluation, public sector reform, and research.
With a cosmopolitan upbringing Chiedza was primarily educated in her birth country of Zimbabwe before moving to Stockholm, Sweden with her parents where she was subsequently enrolled into the British boarding system completing her GCSE’s and GNVQ. She went on to further study in Buckinghamshire, London and Cambridge however after completing her vocational alignment business intelligence training between St Petersburg and London she continues to develop her education through professional development courses in her quest to remain industry and globally competitive.
Based in Harare – Zimbabwe, Chiedza is a senior consultant heading an intercontinental portfolio on african affairs and also serving on multiple regional and international boards including The Queens Young Leaders Program where she is a advisory mentor as well as a innovation expert for the Euro-Afri Affairs Commission on youth-related developmental programs along with her role at the African Union on the IDOVE program where she is an IDOVER with specializing in PVE and CVE.
Chiedza has assisted inspiring individuals and groups develop new and existing initiatives, often becoming deeply enmeshed in the projects. Recent examples include:
Ignite Africa Zimbabwe, an initiative developing user-led approaches with technology as a catalyst to unlock potential for all in healthcare and education.
Hemmingworth Cartwright Trust, establishing a new >£1 million social investment fund that will identify, support, invest in and scale remarkable social innovations to promote peace and security through inclusion of youth across Africa.
Assisting CTI (the charitable arm of Clover-T ripoli BVI LLP) run the Sir Andrew Macmillan Awards, an annual award that supports early stage social projects that have real potential to achieve practical, sustainable social change.
Assisting the SME Business Association of Libya to develop a social innovation strategy for the national policy on promoting entrepreneurship and youth projects;
Working with social-entrepreneurs to replicate Future of Fish, a U.S. project focused on developing sustainable marine supply chains, across landlocked Africa.;
During 2012 being the Creative Director for Sacha Christa the world’s foremost impact investing luxury fashion production house predominant in recycled fibres and afrocentric couture based in Djursholm, Sweden
In 2011 co-founding Socialites a new organisation championing social enterprise delivery of urban and rural regeneration through the production, designing and management of ready to wear assets.
Chiedza works internationally with innovative leaders of world-class organisations to realise and scale their visions for change, examples of which include but are not limited to: recently completing a bottom up strategy for CVE, PVE and DDR consultancy contracts for a global security firms; various non-governmental organisations and governments; while also working with international bodies on combatting transactional homelessness linked to human-trafficking.
ABOUT MY SKILLS
Environments and Events:
Chiedza works with organisations to design and facilitate a broad range of events as well as create environments and processes to help people collaborate to solve complex problems. This strand of her work is undertaken through:
Chiedza and her team support individuals and organisations to develop multi-faceted solutions to big, intractable problems. This work always commences with a in-depth research into a specific problem to identify highly promising opportunities for impact. They then use design processes to identify and plan a set of ambitious, achievable initiatives that both stand on their own and work in concert to address the problem.
IN THE NEWS
- fallingwallsfragments.com : Falling walls lab winners interview ignite africa
- fallingwallsfragments.com : young innovators of the year 2016
- fallingwallsfragments.com: The Falling Walls Young Innovators of the Year 2016 announced
- fallingwallsfragments.com : The+Falling+Walls+Lab+Johannesburg+announced+its+winner-10750
- Vimeo : Falling Walls Lab 2016 - Chiedza Kambasha
- punchng.com : female-scientist-wins-falling-walls-innovator-award
- qyl.ice.cam.ac.uk : Mentor Chiedza Kambasha
- africa.peacesummit.net : Dr-chiedza-kambasha
- prbuzz.com : The president museveni of uganda hosts the 2017 commonwealth youth ministers meeting in kampala with zimbabwes g20 young global changer
- about.me: Dr Chiedza Kambasha
- mizonews.net : Dr Chiedza Kambasha : Zimbabwes Young Global Changer G20
- chemistryviews.org : Falling Walls 2016
- yemenscience.net : The Falling Walls Young Innovators of the Year 2016
- diepresse.com : Giessen mit Bakterien heizen mit Kaffeesatz
- berliner-zeitung.de : Wissenschaftspreis fuer brennstoff aus kaffeesatz
- linkedin.com : falling walls forget world 80 days three minutes sonnenschein